ALL INCLUSIVE…‘Coast to Coast Tours' is highly rated on the Tripadvisor review website.
Get 10% DISCOUNT!! (when BOOK DIRECT & pay cash).
This personalised, small group 'true' ECO-tour (comprising the Nature, Culture, Environmental & Conservation elements in TIES criteria of which we are members), is owned and operated by New Zealand and Maori hosts.
We take you out of the city to explore the West Auckland region where our family has lived since 1922. We ONLY operate in the area we live, so profits are directed back into our community.
You will enjoy AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCES (with very little travelling!) that include;
- lunch, at an upmarket cafe (your choice off the menu, with wine/beer included),
- Waitakere rainforest, 450m above sea-level, panoramic views (with a guided tour of Arataki Information Centre),
- craft-shopping, (100% NZ products), you'll stop here for half an hour (and will want to visit again!)
- wine tasting, (at an award winning winery), we know the history of this historic wine producing region.
- honey sampling, (at BeesOnline), including Manuka, Pohutukawa, and other Native floral honey.
- gannet (sea-bird) colony, gannets nest Sept - April, and this is a world-famous attraction not to be missed. We visit here on every tour (unlike many other tours where this stop is an option).
- Muriwai beach, (black iron-sands). As this is where our family has lived since 1922, we know the history extensively.
- visit to our SHEEP FARM, feed and touch pet sheep, animals and birds, and
- historic Homestead for afternoon tea, (you'll try New Zealand's most famous dessert - Pavlova!)
- overview of Maori culture, (you'll get a Maori welcome when you arrive at our farm).
- and a visit to our woolshed, (built in 1930) and we explain all about wool production in New Zealand.
We also have a 'unique-to-Auckland' TREE PLANTING project to offset this tour's emissions. Purchase and plant your own Native tree - (certificates issued, trees tagged and protected by New Zealand Government Law, forever).
This is a much more interactive way in which to 'Help the Planet' compared with the standard 'over-the-counter' quote your Visa card number!
Many individual people book our tour pre/post their Cruise holiday, but for larger SHORE EXCURSIONS (or Group Tours), this tour can include an informative ‘Kiwiana-themed’ lamb roast/BBQ lunch at our farm (30 pax maximum, bookings essential). This tour includes a complimentary group tree planting, and a sheep shearing demonstration.
We have been operating since 2002, and cater for visitors from all nations, please visit our WEBSITE for full details about our tours.
Compare our itinerary, genuine experiences AND price,
- you'll not find better value for your money, guaranteed!
PS, we are NOT the commercialised ‘Coast to Coast’ or ‘Countryside Experience’ Auckland shore excursion option listed on the major cruise line websites!
- $185 per Day
- Available Seasonal
- Duration: 9 Hour(s)
- From 2 to 11 people
- Starts at Auckland city
Travel pro profile
- Speaks English
- Tour Operator